Monday, February 28, 2005

Band-aids on the mirror....

So I have returned from a whirlwind weekend. I was able to see most of my family, which made it so wonderful and eat a little crawfish! The funeral however was hard. Picture a hearse coming through town with interior lights illuminating the American flag covered coffin, the streets aligned with thousands of people waving American flags....it was a breath-taking military funeral for Seth.

Mourning has become common to me recently and actually bittersweet. I am at peace and after this weekend I realized that heaven doesn't seem so far away because there are more people there for me to love now.

My goal for this week is to make it to California, where I can hopefully average more than 4 hours of sleep, which has been the last weeks average! I am realizing that I long to laugh more, enjoy life fully, so if you want, a friend passed on a great joke about bandaids on the mirror and I would love to share it with you if you need a laugh!

Life is hard, it is a gift, and it should be cherished. Love well.

No comments: