Tuesday, July 24, 2007

getting to know the kids....

The story of my favorites….I am not supposed to have favorites I know, but if I could just tell you that I didn’t mean to fall for these few. First there is Lufina, she is one of the village girls, she comes over and stands outside of our door because she doesn’t go to school – her clothes are torn and we actually first bonded over me sewing her clothes – I noticed that I started giving her the best buttons, after that I was in love! We have dance parties in front of our house and she has been coming to my tutoring classes in the afternoons.

Then there is Langford, who is 6 but looks 3 because he was in a malnutrition ward for 6 months after his mother died. He and his brother (who is autistic) were adopted by COTN after they were found by social services. Langford has the sweetest smile and it takes everything in my not to pick him up when he runs to me – because he is not growing well picking him up will hinder his development – so we do stretches instead!

So many stories, so many children, so many my favorites….

No comments: