Friday, August 26, 2005

Family, Harry Potter, and school....

My mom and brother came visit me in Orlando...so we had fun times hanging at Disney and getting pedicures! Then I was in Louisiana last week to spend time with the family and paint with my Memaw....home now.

School started yesterday, so somewhere between my break down in the theological requirements for salvation and talking about where I am at with the Lord, I decided this program is alot more about getting to my heart than attaining a masters degree. I am a wrestless woman, always desiring to move to the next thing, continually uncontent with where I am....it has to stop. I can't live this way, this gypsy blood is stealing from me what I am most longing for. So that is school.

As far as my title... i have just finished Harry Potter, I know, I know....I loved it. Here is my point - Dumbledore who is Harry's mentor explains to him that the reason Harry is more powerful than the Dark Lord is because Harry has known LOVE. (key word here!) so it chapel we talked about Eph. 4:15 (community is powerful because it is united by LOVE) okay, so I race to disect Gal. 5:17 (we are continually battling the spiritual war) and it simply occured to me that we are victorious because we have known Love, Christ's love. I could go on and on...but just thought this tidbit might make some sense.

Please pray that the Lord would teach me how to be content!

2 comments:

gary j. introne said...

Didn't you know that harry Potter's MOM was Beatrix Potter!

Check out my spot - read me and then write to me. All the issues you woder about.

I like to correspond.

http://garyjin.blogspot.com

Thanks. Gary Introne

email njabate@aol.com

gary j. introne said...

OK, OK, that was supposed to be WONDER about. My mistake.