Saturday, March 18, 2006

nairobi..asante sana

Jambo!! we have found our first internet cafe and I am not sure that we have much time....so I will try to just hit the highlights! I don't know how I can but I will try - so we have spent the week bringing food to orphanages in tribes and villages that are in the depths of the African desert!!! (that sounds dramatic but I really think it is true!) it has been so amazing! I mean we have danced the tribal dance with the native women, they have let us wear their beads, and taught us dances! we built a house, planted trees and conserved water....we have bathed in buckets, we hung out with the Rhendilli tribe and many more I can't spell! So I could go on and on, I mean there is such an incredible drought and a famine - so our biggest objective has been delivering food until the rain comes (April!!!)

There you go...i will post more insightful, and meaningful posts soon! We are on our way to see a giraffe and elephant safari! Oh yeah, we got stopped by a camel crossing in the desert...way cool!

okay, going find a yellow elephant....we fly out late tonight for home!! oh and we toured London too!

miss you all! Qwherri!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

hey girl! so... i read your blog...before the trip i never posted cause i thought it might be a little weird since we didn't really know each other...but now that we have bonded i figured i'd post! it was such a blessing getting to know both you and barb on the trip! God bless and happy jet lag recovering!